Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tom Joad - Day 5, mile 1,023, Los Angeles sun...

Still haunting my brother and sister-in-law's house in Los Angeles waiting for meetings with job recruiters and phone interviews next week, I had a chance to meander around the streets of western Los Angeles and cruise through Venice Beach on the Beemer today to a lovely 60-degree day. I got lots of odd looks from fellow motorists while I was staying in the usual traffic lanes while fellow bikers roared past us splitting traffic lanes between rows of stopped vehicles. I dunno... something about the idea of having a motorist abruptly change lanes in front of me while trying to lane-split down Santa Monica Blvd. scared the crap out of me, so I opted to go with the usual traffic flow.Did I mention it was 60 degrees today? The above picture says it all. Mid-February when the rest of the country is buried in snow and freezing temperatures, fruit trees are bursting with ripe fruit in Los Angeles. Who wouldn't want to live in a place where you can pick fresh produce from your backyard year round?

No comments: