Friday, August 22, 2008

The oh so long hiatus...

Staying true to my reputation for being fickle and impulsive about my motorcycle buys, I decided to sell of my 2007 BMW R1200GS and 2004 Ducati 749S. Reason being is that I still want to find the 'perfect do-all' bike. Something which I can commute on daily, but still have the heuvos rancheros to crank out a 5,000 mile bike journey on a whim, which I frequently do as well. Being a somewhat short rider, the large R1200GS Beemer was a bit intimidating on long, heavily-loaded trips, and the Ducati, although a true seat-of-the-pants adrenaline rush bike to ride, was probably one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride if you plan to stay in the saddle more than 15 minutes.


Two months ago, I happened to make a stop in to my local BMW dealership to ask about the new 2009 BMW F800GS bikes hitting the US shores in Fall of '08. I immediately fell in love with the idea of a mid-sized BMW enduro which could still meet the demands of long-haul trips, but small enough to strap my camping gear on, and blast off up into the hills for a quick weekend getaway.





Hence, I plunked down the necessary $2K to reserve my new 2009 BMW F800GS in June, and my new bike arrives mid-September. I'm

No comments: