Monday, September 10, 2012

Tree Hugger Redux... Day 2, mile 583, Riding with the Birthday Boy.

Today is Mike Hollingsworth's birthday. A sage old 45 years. Happy Birthday Mike! We departed Gold Beach this morning to a foggy, misty 54 degrees. We crossed into California, and finally the Redwoods at approximately noon to patchy fog and a chilly ocean breeze.

The Birthday Boy meets big trees.
 
Literally...
 
It seemed like the right thing to do at the time...
 
 
We continued southward to the Trees of Mystery for a kitch photo op with an 80-foot Paul Bunyan and Babe.

 
 
Finally down to Eureka, CA and our hotel stop for the night. This is my farthest point south I plan to travel before my return to Marti in Vancouver, patiently waiting for her whimsy prone husband to return from another windmill-tilting crusade. My riding partner Mike is continuing down to Yosemite National Park and several more days of motorcycle adventures. Yes, I'm jealous. I've offered my blogsite to Mike to continue posting his daily accounts during his ride. I'm anxious to see what he posts.
 




No comments: