Friday, December 28, 2012

The Anasazi Trip... The Planning Phase.

 
I decided to try a different approach to my photo-journalistic, write-as-you-go motorcycle trip logs by capturing the planning phases of one of my trips. I should mention that all of my previous trips were carefully planned prior to the departure date. Being a somewhat anal engineer, I guess I'm cursed to work the details out before the launch.

Anyway, here we go again... Sorry in advance Marti... Call it unfinished business, call it middle age crisis, call it whatever you may, I'm planning another long motorcycle trip in June 2013.

4,139 miles over a seven day period, riding a huge loop from our home in Washington down through the Southwest US, and back again, (sorry, that sounded very Hobbitish, didn't it?).

If you recall, I rode through the Southwest US seeking employment to Dallas, TX in 2009. Because of the rigid schedule, I didn't have time to break away from the expedited route for sightseeing. I hope to remedy this during this trip.

So, Bonneville Salt Flats, Roswell UFO's, Painted Desert, Trinity Site, Cliff Dweller Cities, I'm coming for you. But first, hash out the logistics... daily mileage, accommodations, distance to a tank of gas, costs incurred... I'll be busy over the next six months.

No comments: